ACS355 for machine drive applications up to 22 kW
ACS355 is classified by ABB UK as a machinery drive. It is designed specifically for system integrators, original equipment manufacturers and control panel builder for high performance applications.
Specifically, the ACS355 micro-drive is widely used in applications such as material handling, food and beverage applications, processing of rubber, plastic and wood. The standard drives are IP20 and there is an IP66 version that meets the requirements of the food and beverage industry. Available power range is:
200-240 V, single phase: 0.37 kW – 2.2 kW
200-240 V, three phase: 0.37 kW – 11 kW
380-480 V, three phase: 0.37 kW – 22 kW
A basic control panel features a single line numeric display. The panel can be used to control the drive, set the parameter values or copy them from one drive to another, or view changes.
Smart operator panel
The optional Assistant control panel features a multilingual alphanumeric display for easy drive programming. The control panel has various assistants and a built-in help function to guide the user. It includes a real-time clock, which is used during fault logging and in controlling the drive, such as start/ stop.
This control panel can be used for copying parameters for backup or for downloading to another drive. A large graphical display and soft keys make it extremely easy to navigate.
Dual channel safe torque-off interface to SIL3/PL e.
An onboard controller provides eight steps of programming, reducing the need for a PLC, and ready-made control programs are available for different applications. The drive offers diverse functionality to cater for the most demanding needs. The drive is also equipped with a dual channel safe torque-off interface to SIL3/PL e.
Other features include:
– optimized design for cabinet installations saves space and installation time
– wide range of fieldbus adapters available offer flexible connectivity
– vector control capable of running both asynchronous motors and permanent magnet motors
– simple and visual sequence programming to make independent and repeatable operation sequences
– pre-defined application macros for quick basic setup
– unified height and depth of the IP20 product family simplifies wiring in cabinet installations
Recent blog posts